Your First Intake Session with your Therapist
In the early phase of your therapy it is important to assess your individual situation and to create some clarity around your goals.
This is achieved in part by: gathering relevant background information and history, go over goals and expectations of therapy.
Doing so will help you and your therapist maximize the effectiveness of your work together.
This Intake Session is the initial appointment conducted with all clients involved in the therapy, and is designed to help create a direction and roadmap for your work together. You and your therapist will review the framework and boundaries of the treatment, and to go over your expectations and address any concerns and questions you may have.
During this session your therapist will work with you to:
- Gather congruent background information (i.e. family, personal, and relationship history)
- Review your goals and wishes for the purpose of therapy
- Begin working on the issues that brought you to therapy by implementing various tools, techniques, and exercises
INTAKE SESSION TIME: 90 minutes for individuals 2 hours for Couples and Families
STANDARD FEE SCHEDULE FOR THERAPY & COUNSELING SERVICES
Once you have completed the INTAKE SESSION, you and your therapist will work on a regular meeting time (if possible).
The Standard Hourly Therapy Session is 55 minutes long. Fees may vary depending on the type and frequency of service that you and your therapist have agreed to work on.
- Individual Psychotherapy and Counseling: $125 – $145
- Couples & Marital Therapy & Counseling: $150 – $175
- Family Sessions (fees will vary depending on who is present during the sessions)